Summer’s almost gone.
Hey everyone! I'm looking for players interested in participating in a Dream Quest Speedrun Tournament!
Here's Dream Quest: http://store.steampowered.com/app/557410/Dream_Quest/
It's a deckbuilding roguelike created by Peter Whalen, who is now working with the Hearthstone Team as a Senior Game Designer.
I'm hoping to find 3-4 players, and would love to have a couple alternates in case of no-shows. Date is TBA, will firm up as I get players.
1. The tournament is the fastest player to kill the Lord of The Dream from a clean install
2. The tournament will last for a maximum of 6 hours, if there is no LOD kill the winner will be whoever brought the LOD to the lowest HP. In the unlikely event of a tie there will be a sudden death round.
3. There is a prize of $100 via paypal or BTC (RIP), provided by me. If we we take streamlabs donations during stream they will be split 50/50 between the pot and the charity.
4. A matching donation of $100 will be sent to the Dream Foundation.
5. Any in-game mechanic can be used, however restart-glitching is not allowed. If your feed goes offline and it looks like you have restarted the game, you will have to start over. If your game crashes, you have to start over. I reserve the right to DQDQ (Dreamquest disqualify) anyone doing anything blatantly unfun to wreck the tournament.
6. The tournament will be streamed live with an announcer
You can play either the IOS version or the PC \ Mac version. You'll need to be able to stream your gameplay, if you're on an ipad or iphone you might need to use something like Airserver to get your gameplay online. If you haven't streamed before let me know, I can help you get set up.
If you're interested, shoot me an email with this handy form! or contact me on twitter at @zakzyz
Here's the draft cover for the the first volume in my new series! The Master Arcanist is a magical travelogue of an ancient wizard who is slowly losing his sight. Unwilling to succumb to the gathering darkness, the Master Arcanist of the Crimson Citadel sets out on a final quest to restore his vision!
The Master Arcanist is the first in a series of novellas about the quixotic adventures of a wandering wizard. With the help of his wondrous arcane creations and some new animal friends, the ancient archmage's quest to beat back the night has just begun!
Clocking in at just 150 pages, Arcanist is a short and serene evening of reading set in the same world as Xan & Ink. It's full of classic illustrations by some of the legendary masters, like Hans Baldung Grien who penned the above way back in 1519! Shoutouts to the Rijksmuseum for their amazing images, I'll be visiting this year in Amsterdam!
If you're interested in getting a review copy of The Master Arcanist, please contact me with the form below or hollar @ me on twitter. I won't ever use your email address for anything but this direct communication.